GASP is seeking to hire a part-time Outreach and Marketing Assistant (OMA). This position is up to 20 hours per week, depending on availability. The Outreach and Marketing Assistant will expand our program staff’s capacity by helping with day-to-day tasks, which may include door-to-door canvassing, social media management, phone and/or text outreach, and developing outreach materials.
The ideal candidate is dynamic, outgoing, and willing to learn new skills. They need not be an expert on any of the issues GASP works on (i.e., air pollution, climate change, environmental justice) but must be supportive of the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Help manage the organization’s social media platforms
- Create outreach materials such as brochures, flyers, and handouts
- Attend community events as a representative of the organization as needed
- Foster partnerships with community leaders, local businesses, and allied organizations
- Recruit new members and volunteers (e.g., via community engagement, door-to-door canvassing, social media, etc.)
- Help with direct service activities (i.e., the Pop-Up Free Market program)
- Assist with mailers to members, supporters, communities, businesses, nonprofit partners, and other stakeholders
- Be willing and able to provide support for organizational events as needed
- Contact members, volunteers, and community members to share vital information
- May be asked to help with data entry (e.g., Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Competency in social media marketing (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram)
- Excellent “people skills”
- Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Google Suite (i.e., Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides)
- Basic understanding of the concepts of mutual aid, climate justice, and environmental justice
- Familiarity with Canva, Adobe Suite, and/or other graphic design software
- Part-Time: This position is 10-20 hours per week, depending on candidate’s availability.
- Flexible Scheduling: The OMA will set their own schedule, but must be willing to occasionally work nights or weekends.
- Compensation: GASP’s minimum wage is $15/hour. The pay range for this position is $17.50–25/hour.
- Benefits: We offer a very generous time-off policy. All staff are eligible for health insurance coverage. GASP pays 50% of insurance premiums for part-time staff.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume, a brief cover letter, and 2-3 references to [email protected]. The subject line should read, “Outreach & Marketing Assistant Application.”
Alternatively, you may record a voice memo or video detailing the same information that a traditional application (resume, cover letter and references) would contain. Feel free to be creative.
Michael is CEO of GASP. He joined the team in 2013 as communications specialist. He has years of experience and extensive training in the areas of public health and environmental protection. He is a member of the board of directors for the Southeast Climate & Energy Network and Clean Water Action, as well as a member of the Arm in Arm National Core Support Team.Email Michael