This is the last Monday Morning Digest for 2018 as the session wrapped up last Thursday. I hope these posts have been informative and helpful. Below is the final rundown of bills this session:
- HB40: Amend Ala. Code 32-9-20: extends length restrictions and allows greater weight restrictions for trucks using natural gas
- HB53: Repeal Ala. Code 22-30B-19: Abolish the Alabama Legacy for Environmental Research Trust Fund (COMPANION BILL SB 122)
- SB33: Amend Ala. Code 29-2-270 to 29-2-275: Permanent Joint Legislative Committee on Energy Policy: this bill would revise the membership of the committee, delete the requirement that the committee complete the Alabama Energy Plan, limit the reporting of the committee, delete authorization for the committee to create and staff a Legislative Energy Policy Office, would authorize the committee to form advisory committees as needed.
- HB190: Transportation network companies, Public Service Commission permit required to operate, minimum requirements imposed
- SB85: Creates the Alabama Public Transportation Trust Fund
- SB180: Notification to State Health Officer required when changes made to fluoride levels (COMPANION BILL TO HB224)
Haley joined GASP in 2014 as our programs manager and was named staff attorney in 2016. She has a B.A. from George Washington University, J.D. from Cumberland School of Law and a master’s in public administration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.