Gasp is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to reduce air pollution, educate the public on the health risks associated with poor air quality, and encourage community leaders to serve as role models for clean air and clean energy production. Donations made to the organization are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
All donations solicited on behalf of Gasp shall be used to further this mission and values. This Fundraising Policy addresses gifts made to Gasp by donors. A “gift” is a donation of money or anything of value to Gasp. (Click here to review the types of gifts we accept.) A “donor” is an individual, foundation, club, corporation, or other business entity that makes a gift to Gasp.
Gasp seeks gifts and future gift commitments that are consistent with our mission and values. Donations generally will be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, organizations, government agencies or other entities without limitations — unless acceptance of gifts from a specific source is inconsistent with our mission and values. Our policies and procedures are described below.
Fundraising Policies and Procedures
- All fundraising activity must comply with applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
- Gasp reserves the right to refuse or return any gift that is not consistent with its mission and values or that could introduce a conflict of interest. Furthermore, gifts will be accepted only when:
- Undue influence would not be exerted by the donor to shape the spending of Gasp nor to distort the programs of Gasp (i.e., a gift must not compromise Gasp’s mission or advocacy); and
- The gift does not endanger the public’s trust in Gasp to advocate for clean air. For example, Gasp will not accept gifts from donors who engage in practices that are unusually damaging to the environment or companies with significant Clean Air Act violations within the last 5 years.
- Gasp will acknowledge all gifts within no more than 30 days of receipt.
- Donations of $1,000 or more will also receive a personal phone call from a staff or board member.
- Any information supplied to Gasp shall not be shared for any reason unless the donor grants permission.
- Gasp does not sell or share donor lists.